Follow by Email

Monday, February 15, 2010

Play time

 I decided to play. So I designed this gown for my 12" FF doll I loved the fabric and with the wonderful little trim added along the overskirt drape,and a touch of bows and flowers, it's richness is to die for.
I created the bonnet first by hand sewing the straw, then added the flowers and ribbons.
Next I drew the patterns out for the jacket with 3 split openings in the back of the jacket at the bottom of the princess seams and opening up where the center back is. I added triangles of pink fabric to the seam openings. The whole bodice, overskirt and underskirt are completely lined. It's the only way to deal with fabric that tends to fray a bit.
  I love the chocolate brown and pink colors, and think they go well together. Very victorian.
I hope you enjoy this creation it is the first after a long dry spell.