Friday, October 24, 2008

An Evening dress to remember!




She said with a train please. Is this good enough?
Turquoise blue that really makes her red hair turn into just the right shade of red, and an evening gown to die for, makes this Gibson Girl perfect!
  It started out one way, and like so many things these days it turned into something different.
The hip drape is a very dramatic statement and takes this gown over the top for style. The tiniest of silver touches at the bust neckline, holds your interest for just a moment, before dropping down to the drape, then miles of gathers n' ruffles, and lace. Not an easy dress to reproduce from only a picture, but close enough to make it worth wile. 
  This is the last of the gowns I had cut out before the odyssey of the Cissy harem outfit. I wanted to get back to it and finish it before I forgot what I was doing. {I do have a couple of somethings cut out from long ago, and I can't for the life of me figure out what or for whom, they are. lol. It happens!}
  So now I want to finish up some outfits for someone, before I get involved in something else {as far as sewing goes}. As I always have more then one project going at once, with the doll houses, it's usually, do one thing and wait. So instead of just waiting, I do sewing instead. That way I get some of my old work done, and some new work done. Isn't this what they call kill two birds with one stone? lol.
  Well, enjoy. I'll be gone for awhile doing those other jobs.
Deirdre

No comments: