I have been working on this gown for my 12" French Fashion doll for about two weeks on and off. I finished the new gown today. I had to do a lot of adjusting on the pattern, but now that I know what to do, it will be a good basic pattern to develop others from.
The fabric I bought from someone and I don't remember who as it's been so long, but it is a beautiful tiny print in pinks and purples
I used organdy ribbon and silk/satin ribbon to trim the gown. There is a long sleeved bodice that the skirts are attached to and the jacket is removable. The bonnet is hand sewn and decorated with tiny pink and purple roses, and pink/purple feathers. A little satin bow and organdy ribbon ties finish the ensemble.
These gowns take a long time to create in the style from a century ago, with all the hand work, but it makes them more "correct".