Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's only taken 50 years!





But at last I have my playhouse. OK so I can't get inside, but my dolls can. When I was a little girl I wanted a playhouse, but never got one. So this is to let all you ladies know it's ok to have what you never got as a child. Even, if, it's a playhouse.
  I intend to pose my dolls there. I still have lots of work to do... like putting the bricks back into a patio, and trying to get some grass to grow around it. I will also be putting plexy glass in the windows {to keep the weather out not to mention the bugs etc.} and paint the inside and varnish the outside to protect it.
  I will also get a large cover {like the kind used on outside tables etc.} to cover it in winter. I am going to make curtains and use some of my larger sized doll furniture inside. That is of course, after it's been painted etc.
  The toadstools are little seats, and the mushroom is a birdbath. I have solar lights that will turn on at night to mark where the playhouse is. The weeping pussy willow will look so grand nearby and I intend to remake the Thyme garden in the circle you see. The little pink rose bush is called {and most appropriately} "Playhouse". Yes, thats the name of the rose! Isn't that to cute? I know I will be adding more goodies later on. Like on the backside of that tree, behind the house, will be a fairy door. Do you think the fairies will move in?
  But for now what do you think? Won't the dolls have a grand time?


No comments: