Friday, July 4, 2008

What's playing?





  I have been working on my old dollhouse, but decided to take a break and make my Gidson girl some new clothes. She informed me she was going to the opera, and needed a very ,very special gown. So here it is. Pink silk lining under a filmy tiny pink stripe fabric. This gown is heavily beaded over white embroidered flowers. The flowers and leaf fronds are so thick it covers most of the bottom of the gown. Even the train up the back has a large amount of embroidered flowers.
  She has a hair decoration of the same white flowers, with a matching pink silk ribbon tassel. She also carries a matching bag. She will wear the white lace fichu, to ward off the evening chill {I think that's more for propriety sake then any other reason.}
  So off she goes to the opera... "What's playing?"

No comments: