Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How tiny is she?





Well, this was another one of those "I've got to dress that naked doll." I've had this tiny doll as long as the other French Fashion doll that started the costuming orgy. She had her own special problems when it came to dressing her. She was very, very, tiny. As you can see in the picture she is barely 3" tall. The usual way of doing things wasn't going to work with her, but just how does one dress a 3" tall doll.
  To start with, she was a kit. That means she needed a body. I made hers out of the finger of an old leather glove. She has a pipe cleaner skeleton to help keep her upright. Then she sat for years, and I didn't have a clue how I was going to dress her. In that time, I was collecting different miniature laces and trims.
  Last night I pulled some out and started sewing, by hand, and layering 3 different kinds of lace, and finished it off with a tiny trim, and a silk ribbon bow in the back. She is a gibson girl, and wears that style gown. Full upper sleeves and high collar.
  No the dress is not removable. There would have been no way to fasten it closed, and I wasn't going there more then once. It took to long to make this one gown, and I really think she looks beautiful in it. So, Mini Gibson {lol... a play on words, for her name} shall dance the night away in cream colored laces. All three inches of her.

No comments: